Publications and Presentations
- “HIV/AIDS in Egyptian Cinema.” In Global Encyclopedia of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer History. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, forthcoming Fall 2018.
- “Traces of a Revolution: In Search of the Palestinian Film Archive.” PUBLIC Journal, no. 57, forthcoming Spring 2018.
- “Before Pictures: An Interview with Douglas Crimp.” InVisible Culture: An Electronic Journal for Visual Culture, no. 25 (2017). https://ivc.lib.rochester.edu/before-pictures-an-interview-with-douglas-crimp/.
- Review of 13th Dubai International Film Festival. Afterimage 44, no. 5 (2017): 4-5.
- “GCC: Nation-Making and the Power of Positivity.” ArtSlant, November 17, 2016. https://www.artslant.com/ny/articles/show/46859-gcc-nation-making-and-the-power-of-positivity.
- “On What Was and What Remains: Palestinian Cinema and the Film Archive.” The IAFOR Journal of Media, Communication & Film 1, no. 1 (Summer 2013): 17–26. Peer reviewed.
- “Reclaiming the Narrative: The 99 and Muslim Superheroes.” International Journal of Comic Art 15, no. 2 (2013): 268–77.
- “Traces of a Revolution: In Search of the Palestinian Film Archive.” Visible Evidence XXIV, Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 2017.
- “Asma'a (2011): Revisiting HIV/AIDS in Arab Cinema.” Annual Meeting of the Middle Eastern Studies Association, Boston, MA, November 2016.
- “Female Genital Mutilation and ‘The Torture of Women’: Representations in Popular Culture and Documentary Film.” Human Rights, Literature, the Arts, and Social Sciences International Conference, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, November 2013.
- “Palestinian Cinema and the Archive: On What Was and What Remains.” Society for Cinema & Media Studies Conference, Chicago, IL, March 2013.
Fellowships, Grants and Awards
- Susan B. Anthony Institute Research Awards, University of Rochester, 2016 and 2017
- Film and Media Studies Fellowship, Robert Flaherty Film Seminar, Colgate University, 2015
- Teaching Fellowship Gender and Women's Studies, Susan B. Anthony Institute, University of Rochester, 2014
- Celeste Heughes Bishop Award for Distinction in Graduate Studies, University of Rochester, 2014
- Susan B. Anthony Graduate Certificate in Gender and Women's Studies, University of Rochester, 2013
- Graduate Study Excellence Scholarship, Kuwait University, 2008-2016
Tracing Trauma: Gender, Memory, and Erasure in Contemporary Arab Cinema