My research is broadly focused on emotion and emotion regulation in close relationships.
- Reis, H. T., Ruan, Y., Lee, K. Y., & Clark, M. S. (2017, October). Perceived partner responsiveness, egoic self-enhancement and emotion regulation: Bridging relationship research and social psychological theories. Symposium presentation at the Society for Experimental Social Psychology Conference, Boston, MA.
- Ruan, Y., & Reis, H. T. (2017, July). Can I tell you how I feel?: Emotion expression to responsive and less responsive partners. Poster presentation at the Mini International Association of Relationship Research Conference, Syracuse, NY.
- Reis, H. T., & Ruan, Y. (2016, July). Relationship Contexts Influence Almost Everything. Talk at the biennial International Association of Relationship Research Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Ruan, Y., & Reis, H. T. (2016, February). The effect of relationship context and culture on emotional expression. Poster presentation at the annual Society for Personality and Social Psychology Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Ruan, Y., & Reis, H. T. (2015, February). Willingness to express emotion in relationships: The effect of relationship context. Poster presentation at the annual Society for Personality and Social Psychology Conference, Long Beach, CA.
- Instructor: Psychology of Human Sexuality (Summer 2017)
- Teaching Assistant: Relationship Processes and Emotions (Fall 2016, Fall 2017)
- Teaching Assistant: Research Methods (Spring 2016)
- Teaching Assistant: Theories of Personality and Social Psychology (Spring 2015, Fall 2015)
- Teaching Assistant: Human Motivation (Fall 2014)
- Ph.D. - Social Psychology & Quantitative Statistics - University of Rochester, Pursuing now.
- B.A. - Economics (Minor: Mathematics) - University of California, Los Angeles, 2014