Broadly, my research focuses on how self-regulation is associated with the ability to engage in positive relationship processes. I am also interested in how social context influences positive affective experiences. My current research looks at how self-control and self-consciousness influences gratitude expression.
- Reis, H. T., O'Keefe, S. D., & Lane, R. D. (in press). Fun is more fun when others are involved. Journal of Positive Psychology.
- Reis, H. T., de Jong, D. C., Lee, K. Y., O'Keefe, S. D., & Peters, B. J. (2016). Promoting intimacy: Strategies suggested by the appetitive side. Iin C. R. Knee & H. T. Reis (Eds.), Positive approaches to optimal relationship development. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- O'Keefe, S. D., & Reis, H. T. (2015, July). Gratitude expression in romantic relationships: The role of self-control. Poster presentation at the International Association of Relationship Research mini-conference on self-regulation and close relationships, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- O'Keefe, S. D., & Reis, H. T. (2015, May). Low self-control as a road block to gratitude expression. Poster presentation at the annual Social Psychologists Around Western New York conference, Buffalo, NY.
- O'Keefe, S.D., Wray-Lake, L. (2015, February). Individual differences in positive social experiences on well-being. Poster presentation at the annual Society for Personality and Social Psychology conference, Long Beach, CA.
- O'Keefe, S.D., Reis, H.T., & Lane, R.D. (2014, July). Is fun more fun when others are involved? Paper presentation at the biennial International Association of Relationship Research conference, Melbourne, Australia.
- O'Keefe, S.D., & Reis, H.T. (2014, February). It's more fun with a friend: The effects of social context on daily emotional experiences. Poster presentation at the annual Society for Personality and Social Psychology conference, Austin, TX
- O'Keefe, S.D., Caprariello, P.A., & Reis, H.T. (2012, January). The Role of Relationships in Stereotypes Regarding Material and Life Experience Purchases. Poster presentation at the annual conference of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology, San Diego, CA.
- Instructor, Social Psychology, (CSP 161): Summer 2015
- Instructor, Psychology of Gender, (CSP 267): Summer 2014, Summer 2013
- Teaching Assistant, Introduction to Psychology, (PSY 101): Fall 2013
- Teaching Assistant, Psychology of Gender, (CSP 267): Fall 2011
- Teaching Assistant, Behavioral Medicine, (CSP 283): Spring 2014, Spring 2013, Spring 2011
- Teaching Assistant, Relationship Process and Emotions, (CSP 263): Fall 2010
BA in Psychology, University of California Santa Barbara (2006-2010)
Graduated with Distinction in the Major and High Honors