*Last name changed from DeSanctis to Keith
My research interests include understanding how atypical sensory processing influences cognitive and social functioning in individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). I am particularly interested in how differences in functioning of the autonomic nervous system may impact the core symptoms of ASD. My master's project focused on the influence of aversive sensory stimuli on working memory performance in ASD, and included measurement of heart rate, respiratory sinus arrhythmia, and electrodermal activity.
- Bennetto, L., Keith, J. M., Allen, P. D., & Luebke, A. E. (2016). Children with autism spectrum disorder have reduced otoacoustic emissions at the 1 kHz mid-frequency region. Autism Research.
- Keith, J. M., Bennetto, L., & Rogge, R. D. (2015). The relationship between contact and attitudes: Reducing prejudice toward individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 47, 14-26.
- Keith, J. M., Bennetto, L., & Rogge, R. D. (2014). The impact of contact on attitudes toward indifiduals with autism and other intellectual and developmental disabilities. Presented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR), Atlanta, Georgia.
- Luebke, A.E., Allen, P. D., DeSanctis, J., Bennetto, L. (2013). Musical Aptitude and Speech-in-Noise Discrimination in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Presented at the Society for Music Perception and Cognition (SMPC), Toronto, Canada.
- Bennetto, L., Allen, P. D., DeSanctis, J., Nelson, R. M., Lord, A., Luebke, A. E. (2013). Hearing-in-Noise Perception in ASD. Presented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR), San Sebastián, Spain.
- Luebke, A. E., Allen, P. D., DeSanctis, J., Nelson, R. M., Lord, A., Bennetto, L. (2013). Otoacoustic Emissions and Efferent Feedback in ASD. Presented at the International Meeting for Autism Research (IMFAR), San Sebastián, Spain.
- DeSanctis, J., Bennetto, L., Rogge, R. (2012). The Influence of Contact on Prejudice toward Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Research talk given at the Univ. of Rochester Research Exposition, Rochester, NY.
- Habayeb, S., DeSanctis, J., Bennetto, L., & Lee, S. (2011). An Investigation of Mental State Attribution and Social Impairment in Children with Autism. National Conference on Undergraduate Research, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY.
- 2016: Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND) fellowship
- 2016: Graduate Research Grant, Organization for Autism Research
- 2012: Zimmer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research
- 2012: Graduated with High Distinction and Honors in Psychology
- 2012: Inducted in Phi Beta Kappa Society
- 2012: President's Choice Award for best oral presentation, University of Rochester Research Exposition
- 2011: Professors' Choice Award for best poster presentation, University of Rochester Research Exposition
- 2011: Elected President of Psy Chi, University of Rochester Chapter
- 2010: Inducted in Psi Chi, the International Psychology Honor Society