My broad interests reside at the intersection between parenting and family processes and developmental psychopathology. Specifically, I am interested in studying at-risk parenting, family functioning, and resilience among families experiencing adversity, explicitly focusing on how risk factors within the parenting environment influence the development of psychopathology among children and adolescents. I am especially interested in parental psychopathology, particularly parental substance use, and the pathways through which these phenomena impact the parenting and child rearing environment. One of my goals is to disseminate developmental research that could inform prevention programs for youth from high-risk families and influence the development of efficacious family-orientated rehabilitation programs for parents with histories of chronic substance use.
- Watson, B., Jacques, D. T., & Jaffee S. R. (April, 2017). Unpacking social support: Which characteristics of children's social networks are associated with their internalizing and externalizing problems? Poster presented at the 2017 biennial conference for the Society for Research in Child Development. Austin, TX.
- Carvalho Pereira, J. M., Jacques, D. T., & Cutuli, J. J. (May, 2016). Youth Homelessness and Risk: A Population-Representative Study in a Large Urban Area. Poster presented at the 2016 annual conference for the Association for Psychological Science. Chicago, IL.
- Carvalho Pereira, J. M., Jacques, D. T., & Cutuli, J. J. (April, 2016). Youth Homelessness and Risk: A Population-Representative Study in a Large Urban Area. Poster presented at the 2016 annual Celebration of Graduate Research and Creative Activity at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Camden, NJ.
- Jacques, D. T., & Cutuli, J. J. (March, 2016). Cumulative Risks Among Children and Adolescents Living with an Adult with a Substance-Use Disorder. Poster presented at the 2016 biennial conference for the Society for Research in Human Development. Denver, CO.
- Teaching Assistant: Statistics for Social Science, Spring 2015 - Rutgers University
- Teaching Assistant: Human Development, Fall 2014 - Rutgers University
- Teaching Assistant: Child Psychology, Fall 2014 - Rutgers University
Professional Honors and Awards
- 2016-present: Provost Fellowship - University of Rochester
- 2015-2016: Dean's Achievement Scholarship - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- 2012: Psi Chi, The International Honor Society in Psychology
- 2011-2013: Dean's List - The Pennsylvania State University
- 2015-2016: Research Assistant, Parents and Children Together (PACT), Competence Lab, Department of Psychology, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- 2015-2016: Tutor: Statistics, Psychology, Introduction to Research Methods, Rutgers University
- 2014-2016: Research Assistant, University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychology
- 2012-2013, May 2016-July 2016: A Study of Parenting (ASOP), Social Cognition and Parenting Research Lab, Department of Psychology, The Pennsylvania State University
Master of Arts, Psychology 2014-2016
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Bachelor of Science, Psychology 2009-2013 Minor: Information Systems & Statistical Analysis
The Pennsylvania State University