I study the pathways through which child maltreatment impacts children's socio-emotional development. More specifically, I am interested in the effects of abuse and neglect on internalized models of the self and the development of psychopathology. I am currently involved in a clinical trial investigating the treatment and prevention of mood disorders in underprivileged youth with maltreatment histories.
- Munshi, K.R., Oken, T., Guild, D.J., Trivedi, H.K., Wang, B.C., Ducharme, P., Gonzalez-Heydrich, J. (2010). The use of antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) for the treatment of pediatric aggression and mood disorders. Pharmaceuticals, 3, 2986-3004.
- Shaw, R.J., Gosselin, G.J., Guild, D., Set, S., Gonzalez-Heydrich, J., DeMaso, D.R. Psychopharmacology in the physically ill child. In RJ. Shaw and D.R. DeMaso (Eds.), Textbook of Pediatric Psychosomatic Medicine. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc. 2010.
- Hamoda, H.M., Guild, D.J., Gumlak, S., Travers, B.H., & Gonzalez-Heydrich, J. (2009). The association between attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and epilepsy in pediatric populations. Expert Review in Neurotherapeutics, 9 (12), 1747-1754.
- Smith College, B.A., 2009
- Major Concentrations: Psychology & Neuroscience