My primary research interests focus on unpacking the complex etiology of suicidal behaviors, specifically by further investigating the mechanisms catalyzing the transition from suicidal thoughts to actions among adolescents. Additionally, I am interested in improving the objective measures of risk assessment and evidence based treatments for high-risk adolescents.
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Glenn, C. R., Lanzillo, E. C., Esposito, E. C., Santee, A. C., Nock, M. K., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Examining the course of suicidal and nonsuicidal self-injurious thoughts and behaviors in outpatient and inpatient adolescents. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 45, 971-983.
- Glenn, C. R., Kleiman, E. M., Coppersmith, D. L., Santee, A. C., Esposito, E. C., Cha, C. B., Nock, M. K., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Implicit Identification with death/suicide predicts change in suicide ideation during psychiatric treatment in adolescents. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry.
- Stewart, J. G., Esposito, E. C., Glenn, C. R., Gilman, S. E., Pridgen, B., Gold, J., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Adolescent self-injurers: Comparing non-ideators, suicide ideators, and suicide attempters. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 84, 105-112.
- Auerbach, R. P., Millner, A. J., Stewart, J. G., & Esposito, E. C. (2015). Identifying differences between depressed adolescent suicide ideators and attempters. Journal of Affective Disorders, 186, 127-133.
- Esposito, E. C., Stewart, J. G., Lutz, N., & Auerbach, R. P. (2017). Reward deficits in depressed adolescent self-injurers. Poster presented at the Anxiety and Depression Association of America Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA.
- Esposito, E. C., van Alphen, N. R., Stewart, J. G., Pridgen, B., Gold, J., & Auerbach, R. P. (2016). Predictors of rehospitalization for depressed adolescents admitted to acute psychiatric treatment. Poster presented at the Anxiety and Depression Association of America Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Esposito, E. C., Stewart, J. G., Tarlow, N., & Auerbach, R. P. (2015). Using Distress Tolerance to Differentiate Adolescents with Depression and Borderline Personality Disorder. Poster presented at the annual McLean Hospital Research Day, Belmont, MA.
- 2017: Robert L. and Mary L. Sproull University Fellowship, University of Rochester