I am interested in studying romantic relationship processes. I have studied breakup distress, trust, self-disclosure, and wholehearted mechanisms within relationships. I am also interested in the unique personality traits and dyadic feedback processes that lead to relational satisfaction and longevity.
- Jiang, T., Crocker, J., Canevello, A., Lewis, K., & Black, A. E. (in preparation). Creating Trust: Compassionate goals predict increased trust through self-disclosure.
- Black, A. E., & Crocker, J. (2016, March). Characteristics of Self-Protective and Wholehearted People. Poster Presentation at the 20th Annual Denman Forum. Columbus, OH.
- Black, A. E., & Crocker, J. (2016, March). Characteristics of Self-Protective and Wholehearted People. Poster Presentation at the 88th Annual Midwestern Psychological Association Conference. Chicago, IL.
- Statistics Tutor: Data Analysis, 2015-2016
- Teaching Assistant: Relationship Processes and Emotion, 2016
Professional Honors and Awards
- 2016: Denman Forum Awardee
- 2016: Inducted into Sigma Xi Honors Society
- 2015-2016: Inducted into Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society
- 2014: Inducted into Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
- 2013-2016: Inducted into Psi Chi Honors Society
- 2012-2016: Dean's List
2016: Bachelor of Science in Psychology from The Ohio State University with Honors Research Distinction, Summa Cum Laude