Applying to the Program
If you would like to begin your program in the fall, your application is due by April 1; the deadline is March 1 for students who wish to begin their program in the summer. Decisions are made on a rolling basis. Because this program is highly selective, an early receipt of your application will be an advantage.
The self-managed application requires you to submit all of the following materials to us in one envelope:
- A completed application form (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader). Be sure to list all post-secondary schools attended. Remember to print the form after you have filled it out online and sign it.
- A 1-2 page essay concerning your decision to enter the health professions.
- A description of any volunteer work and employment you have undertaken in a health care setting.
- A brief statement concerning your past experiences in math and science courses.
- An official transcript from every college and graduate school that you have attended. All transcripts should be in sealed envelopes, with official school certification across the flap.
- Scores from one of the following standardized exams: Scholastic Aptitude Test, American College Test, or Graduate Record Exam. SAT or ACT scores appearing on a photocopy of your high school transcript are acceptable. If you request scores directly from ETS, ACT, or the College Board, they need to be sent to you and then enclosed with your application.
- Two letters of recommendation (cover sheets are within the application form). One should be from a faculty member in your major area of study as an undergraduate or graduate student. The other may be from a faculty member who knows you well, or from a work supervisor. Letters should be written on letterhead, signed, and given to you in envelopes that the recommenders have signed across the sealed flap.
- A comprehensive résumé.
- A $60 non-refundable application fee. Checks or money orders should be made payable to the University of Rochester.