Mathematics courses numbered 141-165 frequently have recitations and workshops associated to them. These are small-group weekly meetings designed to support and enrich student learning.
Signing up for a recitation or workshop:
The sign-ups will open Friday, January 20, 2016 at 5:30 p.m.
To access your course’s sign-up page:
- Sign in to blackboard, and look under “My Organizations”.
- Click on “2017-Spring-Recitations-Math ###”.
- You will be taken to the sign-up page for your course.
These are the instructions to follow once you have gone to the correct “My Organizations” page. These instructions are also posted on the page itself.
- Click on Recitation (or Workshop) Sign-up in the left panel. You’ll get “Math ### Recitations”.
- Click to sign up. You’ll get a list of recitations. Choose carefully. You may only choose one*.
- The one you choose will be listed whenever you return to the organization page from blackboard.
*When choosing a recitation time, keep your schedule in mind. For example, if you are an athlete, avoid times that will conflict with practice or travel to away games. If you mistakenly choose a time that you are not able to attend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, put your course number. (MTH ###, not the 5-digit crn.) In the body of your email include only the following:
- Your name
- Your course number (again)
- The recitation you mistakenly chose--day, time, and place.
You will not be re-assigned, so there is no need to say which recitation you would prefer. You will be removed from the incorrect recitation. You will be notified when you are clear to choose another recitation. Again, if you choose carefully to begin with, you may be able to avoid the delay this process will entail.
Becoming a teaching assistant, workshop leader, or grader for the Department of Mathematics:
The math department employs many undergraduate students each semester as teaching assistants, workshop leaders, and graders. General information about employment with the Department of Mathematics is available HERE.
Applications for the spring semester are closed. We will begin considering applications for next fall in April. The application link will appear here at that time.