Recitations and Workshops
Applications for Fall 2019 TA and grader jobs have closed. If you missed your chance to apply, you can still fill out this form which tells us of your interest. We will consult the list if there are any openings in the end.
Become a Teaching Assistant, Workshop Leader, or Grader
The math department employs many undergraduate students each semester as teaching assistants, workshop leaders, and graders. General information about employment with the Department of Mathematics is available HERE. Please read this before proceeding to the application.
Beginning TAs will normally be assigned to be Workshop Leaders for MTH 141 and MTH 161. There is a 2-credit class through CETL that provides support to Workshop Leaders during the semester. This class is required. Please do not apply if you do not have time for both your workshop and the CETL class.
The application is linked HERE. It will close April 2 at midnight.
How to Sign Up for Recitations and Workshops
The sign-ups will open in September.
To access your course’s sign-up page:
- Sign in to Blackboard, and look under “My Organizations”.
- Click on “2019-Fall-Recitations-Math ###”.
- You will be taken to the sign-up page for your course.
These are the instructions to follow once you have gone to the correct “My Organizations” page. These instructions are also posted on the page itself.
- Click on Recitation (or Workshop) Sign-up in the left panel. You’ll get “Math ### Recitations”.
- Click to sign up. You’ll get a list of recitations. Choose carefully. You may only choose one. Changes are possible, but they lead to delays.*
- The one you choose will be listed whenever you return to the organization page from blackboard.
*Use care when choosing a recitation time. Keep your schedule in mind. For example, if you are an athlete, avoid times that will conflict with practice or travel to away games. If you mistakenly choose a time that you are not able to attend, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, put your name and your course number. (MTH ###, not the 5-digit crn.) In the body of your email include only the following:
- Your name (again)
- Your course number (again)
- The recitation you mistakenly chose--day, time, and place.
You will not be re-assigned, so there is no need to say which recitation you would prefer. You will be removed from the incorrect recitation. You will be notified when you are clear to choose another recitation. Again, if you choose carefully to begin with, you will be able to avoid the delay this process will entail.