I am a Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematics at the University of Rochester (in Rochester, NY).
In the fall 2016 semester, I will become a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at Utah State University (in Logan, UT).
I am a 2012 graduate of the PhD program in Mathematics at the University of Toronto (in Toronto, ON). My PhD advisers in Toronto were Prof. James Colliander (University of British Columbia), and Prof. Tadahiro Oh (University of Edinburgh).
During the 2012-2013 academic year I was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications (in Minneapolis, MN) in residence during the thematic program on Infinite Dimensional and Stochastic Dynamical Systems.
During the fall 2015 semester (09/01/15-11/01/15) I was a research member at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (in Berkeley, CA) for the program on New Challenges in PDE: Deterministic Dynamics and Randomness in High and Infinite Dimensional Dynamical Systems.
PDE techniques which combine nonlinear analysis with ideas from probability theory and the theory of dynamical systems. Topics include: invariant measures for Hamiltonian PDEs, ergodicity for stochastic PDEs, analysis of blow-up solutions, singular limits in model equations.
Courses Offered (subject to change)
- MTH 130 Excursions in Math
- MTH 201 Introduction to Probability
- MTH 282 Introduction to Complex Variables
- Asymptotic analysis for randomly forced MHD, (with Juraj Földes, Susan Friedlander, and Nathan E. Glatt-Holtz), submitted.
- On unique ergodicity in nonlinear stochastic partial differential equations, (with Nathan E. Glatt-Holtz and Jonathan C. Mattingly), submitted.
- Ergodicity in randomly forced Rayleigh-Bénard convection, (with Juraj Földes, Nathan E. Glatt-Holtz, and Jared Whitehead), submitted.
- On invariant Gibbs measures for the generalized KdV equations, (with Tadahiro Oh and Laurent Thomann), to appear in Dynamics of PDE.
- Large Prandtl number asymptotics in randomly forced turbulent convection, (with Juraj Földes and Nathan E. Glatt-Holtz), submitted.
- Ergodic and mixing properties of the Boussinesq equations with a degenerate random forcing,(with Juraj Földes, Nathan E. Glatt-Holtz, and Enrique Thomann), Journal of Functional Analysis, vol. 269, no. 8, (2015), 2427-250.
- Invariance of the Gibbs measure for the periodic quartic gKdV, Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincaré (C) Analyse Non Linéaire, vol. 33, (2016), pp. 699-766.
- Well-posedness of the stochastic KdV-Burgers equation, Stochastic Processes and their Applications, vol. 124, no. 4, (2014), 1627-1647.
- Mass concentration for the Davey-Stewartson system, Differential and Integral Equations, vol. 24, no. 3-4, (2011), 261-280.