Associate Professors Advancement Fund
This fund is intended to help associate professors seeking promotion to receive fully subsidized support from a grant writing and or editorial professional for intensive developmental editing for applications to highly competitive national grants and fellowships.
Applicants must be tenured associate professors in a humanities department who have been at the University of Rochester no less than two years. Applicants must not be anticipating going up for promotion within the 18 months following the application deadline. Applicants must be applying for an ACLS, NEH, Carnegie, Guggenheim Fellowship or other highly competitive non-residential national fellowship. Certain residential fellowships like the National Humanities Center and the Institutes for Advanced Studies at Princeton, Stanford and Radcliffe may also be eligible. Please contact the director if you have questions about appropriate institutions.
Applications are due Tuesday, November 1, 2022. Applications should be sent as a single PDF file by email to email@example.com. A successful application will include:
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A Profile (no longer than 200 words) of the consultant you wish to work with including relevant biographical information, experience in consulting in your field and beyond, and summary of credentials. Consultants with PhDs are strongly preferred.
- A Short project summary (no longer than 500 words) outlining:
- A description of the nature of the research to be conducted.
- The methodology/methodologies to be employed.
- A Budget outlining consultant fees and any other related expenses. Only budgets up to $3,000 will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee formed by the director of the Humanities Center. Applicants should expect to hear results by Tuesday, November 15.
Payments will be processed by the Humanities Center. All funds must be spent by June 30, 2023. No other reporting will be required.