My research focuses on the chivalric elite in late medieval and early modern Italy, specifically the Angevin Kingdom of Naples. I am interested in how nobles adapted to and resisted changing social norms related to the rise of centralized government and the subsequent monopolization of violence by the state.
MA, History, University of Rochester, 2017
BA (Honors), History, Indiana University Kokomo, 2016
- Review: Martin Aurell, The Lettered Knight: Knowledge and Aristocratic Behaviour in the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries. Tr. Jean-Charles Khalifa and Jeremy Price. New York: Central European University Press. 2017. Pp 468. Journal of Medieval Military History (August 17, 2017).
- Essay: "Professor Richard Kaeuper: Beyond Prowess, Piety and Public Order"
- "Refashioning the Chivalric Elite in Fourteenth Century Naples, c. 1335-1362," International Congress on Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, MI, May 2018.
- "'the filthy odor from the bloody carnage': Chivalric Violence and Knightly Deaths in Fourteenth Century Naples," Indiana University Medieval Studies Institute Symposium, April 2018.
- "Giovanni Boccaccio's Understanding of Chivalry and Gender in the Regno (1335-1341)," Annual Symposium on Medieval and Renaissance Studies, St Louis, MO, June 2017.
- "Resisting the New Solomon: Knightly Kingship and Lordship in the Teseida and Regia Carmina of Fourteenth-Cenutry Naples (1335-1341)," International Congress on Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, MI, May 2017.
- "From Sorrow to Anger among the Chivalric Elite of Late Medieval Florence," International Congress on Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, MI, May 2016.
- "An Economy of Honor in Late Medieval Florence," International Congress on Medieval Studies, Kalamazoo, MI, May 2015.
- History of Latin America Through Soccer (1867-2017), Fall 2017 (AT)
- Coates Book Prize (2017), For the graduate student most fully demonstrating historical imagination and the capacity for research, University of Rochester.
- Susan B. Anthony Institute for Gender, Sexuality, and Women's Studies Research Grant (2017)
- Research and Travel Funding, University of Rochester History Department (2017-18)
- Distinguished Alumni Scholarship, Indiana University (2015)