Blacks in Germany, music and German national identity, American-German relations
A History of Black Musicians in Germany, 1870-1961: Race, Performance, and Reception
B.M., Cum Laude, Music History and Literature, Baldwin-Wallace College, 2006
- "Sing it Like a German: Performing Identity in 20th Century Germany" in African and Black Diaspora: An International Journal, special edition "Being Black and Becoming European: Un/Settled Migration and Hidden Histories," peer-reviewed (forthcoming, 2011).
- "Yet, still, they had a music accompanying them: The Fisk Jubilee Singers in Germany, 1877-1878," German Studies Association Conference in Oakland, California, October 2010.
- "An (African) American Opera? Porgy and Bess and the Cold War Mission in 1950s Berlin," Cold War Cultures Conference, September 2010.
- "Black Venus, White Bayreuth: The De-Politicization of Wagner in Post-War Germany," Music and Politics Graduate Conference at the University of California, Santa Barbara, April 2008.
- "Black Venus, White Bayreuth: The De-Politicization of Wagner in Post-War Germany," German Studies Graduate Conference at Cornell University, March 2008.
- "African-American Artists in Europe," "African-American Classical Musicians in Europe," "Blacks in German and Central European Literature," in The Encyclopedia on Blacks in European History and Culture, Greenwood Press, December 2008.
- HIST 121 – Modern European History, 1789-2010: From the Enlightenment to Multiculturalism, Summer 2011, Lecturer, University of Rochester
- HIST 100 – Germany, East and West, 2010-2011, Guest Lecturer, University of Rochester
- HIST 215 – The Enlightenment (Lecture entitled, "Musical Manifestations of the Enlightenment"), Guest Lecturer, University of Rochester
- HIST 203 – The World Since 1945, 2008-2009, Adjunct Lecturer, State University of New York, Geneseo Campus
- HIST 205 – Beethoven in European History, 2008-2009, Adjunct Lecturer, State University of New York, Geneseo Campus
- 2007-2009, Teaching Assistant, University of RochesterHIS 102 – The West and the World Since 1492HIS 152 – Soviet RussiaHIS 195 – England and Ireland Since 1600HIS 208 – Health, Medicine, and Social ReformHIS 226 – Hitler's Germany