<p><span>Cultural History, Chivalric Friendship, Medieval Romance, Early Modern Theatre, Noh Theatre, Nature Preserves, Naval History</span></p>
The Emotions and Ethics of Chivalric Friendship in England
MA Theatre, SUNY University Center at Albany
BA English, University of Rochester
- "The Rise of Latin Christian Naval Power in the Third Crusade,"International Journal of Naval History, Volume 7, Number 3, December 2008 (originally presented at the Naval Symposium, 2007).
- "Love, Companions, and Chivalry," History Workshop Series (University of Rochester) March 2010.
- "'In thys russhynge and hurlynge' - Grief and Regret in Chivalric Tales of Two Cultures," Kalamazoo Medieval Congress (Western Michigan University) May 2010.
- "Seeking the Heart of Humanism in the Twelfth-Century Renaissance: New Ideas of Friendship," Graduate History Conference (University of Rochester) May 2008.
- Book Review:
- Brian Walsh, Shakespeare, the Queen's Men, and the Elizabethan Performance of History(Cambridge University Press, 2009) for The Sixteenth Century Journal (forthcoming).
- Book Review:
- Thomas F. Madden, Fourth Crusade: Event, Aftermath, and Perceptions (Ashgate, 2008), reviewed with C. Nakashian and P. Sposato for De Re Militari (Spring 2010).
- HIS 100 - The Ancient World, Instructor, University of Rochester, Summer 2010.
- WRT 105 - Reasoning and Writing in the College (Literature, History, and the Sea), Instructor, University of Rochester, Fall 2008 and Spring 2009.
- HIS 231 - British History to 1485, Teaching Assistant to Dr. Richard Kaeuper, University of Rochester, Spring 2008.
- HIS 237 - England and Ireland since 1800, Teaching Assistant to Dr. Stewart Weaver, University of Rochester, Fall 2007.