R-CHIVE Conference 2018
June 07, 2018 - June 08, 2018
08:30 AM - 04:15 PM
RIT (Thurs) and University of Rochester (Fri)
Rochester Cultural Heritage Imaging, Visualization and Education (R-CHIVE) will be holding their 2018 conference.
Rochester Cultural Heritage Imaging, Visualization, and Education is a collaboration of university researchers, students, humanists, curators and scholars with the goal of researching novel imaging and digitization techniques to study historical objects of known or unknown significance. Areas of interest include:
- imaging systems and techniques to discover new information about artifacts, either through the enhancement of faded or otherwise unreadable text;
- systems and techniques for analyzing material used for creating and/or modifying the cultural heritage objects (i.e., pigments, substrates, tools, etc.).
The R-CHIVE conference strives to bring together a diverse audience with a common goal: extending the corpus of mankind’s cultural heritage.
1) Ira Rabin, Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung Information
2) John Delaney, National Gallery of Art Information
3) Alexandra Gillespie, University of Toronto at Mississauga Information
4) Andrew Beeby, Durham University, UK Information
5) Kevin S. Clarke, UCLA Library Information
R-CHIVE Conference Link