Science of Team Science 2015 Conference Call for Abstracts
February 12, 2015
Call for Abstracts
Submission Deadline: February 12, 2015
Science of Team Science (SciTS) 2015 Conference
June 2-5, 2015
NIH Natcher Conference Center, Bethesda MD
The Science of Team Science (SciTS) 2015 Conference will be held June 2-5, 2015, at the National Institutes of Health main campus in Bethesda, Maryland.
SciTS is a rapidly growing cross-disciplinary field of study that aims to build an evidence-base and to develop translational applications to help maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of team based research.
Call for Abstracts
The SciTS 2015 conference planning committee welcomes your abstracts for oral papers and panel presentations, and scientific posters. The submission period will be December 1, 2104 – February 12, 2015. All submissions will be made online, at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scits2015
Paper presentations provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to conference topics.
- Oral paper presentations will have 15-minute time slots and be clustered by theme into sessions that will include three individual presentations and time for questions from the audience.
Panel presentations provide authors the option to organize a panel comprising three related papers.
- Panel presentation sessions will be 90 minutes long, with 45 minutes for presentations and 45 minutes for discussion.
- A panel proposal must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the panel, as well as individual abstracts for each of the papers to be presented in the panel.
Lightning Round Presentations
Lightning round presentations provide authors the opportunity to share their work in brief oral presentations.
- Each presentation is limited to 10 minutes and followed by a five-minute question and answer period.
- When submitting an abstract, select the checkbox that indicates willingness to be considered for “Paper, Lightning Round, or Poster Presentation.” The Program Committee will select submissions to be included in the lightning round.
The 90-minute poster session provides an interactive forum for authors to discuss their work.
- Presenters will be assigned locations to put up their posters, which will be organized by topic.
- Poster boards and pushpins will be supplied, and posters should be attached to the boards for display.
- Presenters are encouraged to bring one-page double-sided handouts to accompany their posters.
- Authors must submit abstracts as “Paper Presentation Only,” “Panel Presentation Only,” “Poster Presentation Only,” or “Paper, Lightning Round, or Poster Presentation.” Note: Authors are encouraged to submit using the “Paper, Lightning Round, or Poster Presentation” option.
- Panel Presentations must be submitted under “Panel Only.” The number of panel presentations at the conference will be limited, so this option should be used only when an integrated research story requires multiple presentations in a single session.
- The selection committee reserves the right to propose alternative presentation formats for submitted abstracts.
Abstract Submission Instructions
- All abstracts must be submitted online. The online system will be open from December 1, 2014 through February 12, 2015, at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=scits2015
- Paper, lightning round, and poster abstracts are limited to one page (additional space may be used for references), while panel abstracts are limited to four pages. Abstracts that do not meet these page limits will not be considered.
- Abstracts must be formatted with 0.75 inch margins all around, 11-pt font size or larger for narrative text, and 10-pt font size or larger for table and figure legends.
- Abstracts must use one of the following font styles: Times New Roman, Georgia, Helvetica, or Times.
- The following information must be included in the abstract: presentation/panel title; all authors’ identifying information, including names, degrees, and institutional affiliations; SciTS topic (see list of topics below); three to five keywords; and narrative text.
- Abstracts may include tables and/or figures provided the abstract stays within the page limit.
- Abstracts must be submitted as PDF files. Word files will not be accepted.
- Please use the following naming convention for the file name: CorrespondingAuthorLastName_First Name_SciTStopic.pdf (example: Smith_James_TeamAssembly.pdf).
- Refer to the abstract template and list of SciTS Topics provided below for additional guidance.
- Acceptance notifications will be made by March 17, 2015.
- Presenting authors are responsible for their own travel and hotel costs.
- There is no registration fee for the conference.
- Abstracts will be compiled and made available to conference participants.
- Any presenter who is unable to attend should arrange for another qualified individual to present the paper/poster in question. If such a change is necessary, please notify the Conference Manager, Grace Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SciTS Conference Chair:
Kara L. Hall, PhD (email@example.com)
SciTS Conference Program Co-chairs:
Amanda Vogel, PhD MPH (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brooke Stipelman, PhD (email@example.com)
SciTS Conference Manager:
Grace Huang, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)