Procedure for Reporting Accidents
For emergency medical assistance, call Public Safety at ext. 13 or (585) 275-3333.
For minor injuries during normal business hours, please take the injured person to University Health Service in the Medical Center.
For all accidents the PI/supervisor must complete the form on the Workman's Compensation Accident Reporting website. Please print the completed form and hand it in to the main office.
The University will ask for the following information:
- Name of employee injured
- Employee’s Social Security number
- Employee’s position
- Employee's regular work hours
- Date of incident
- Time of incident
- When first reported to the supervisor
- Where accident occurred
- What occurred
- Has the employee missed any time from work (and were they paid for this time—barring extraordinary circumstances, the answer is yes)
- Supervisor's name
- Supervisor's position
- Supervisor's phone number