Courses Offered (subject to change)
- AH 234: Art and Environment
- AH 142: Arts of East Asia
- AH 243/443: Early Modern Chinese Painting
- AH 314: Itinerant Things
- “Path, Place, and Pace in Mid-Ming Suzhou Landscape Painting.” RES: Anthropology and Aesthetics 67/68 (2016/2017).
- “Pyrotechnic Profusion: Fireworks, Spectacles, and Automata in Time.” Journal 18: A Journal of Eighteenth-Century Art and Culture (2017) (http://www.journal18.org/1550).
- “Vitreous Views: Materiality and Mediality of Glass in Qing China through a Transcultural Prism.” Getty Research Journal 8 (2016): 17-38.
- “Ethnography and Empire through an Envoy’s Eye: The Manchu Official Akedun’s (1685–1756) Journeys to Chosǒn Korea.” Journal ofEarly Modern History20.1/2 (2016): 111-139.
- “Collecting the Here and Now: Birthday Albums and the Aesthetics of Association in Mid-Ming China.” Journal of Chinese Literature and Culture 2:1 (2015): 43-91.
- “Shadows in Chinese Art: An Intercultural Perspective.” In Qing Encounters: Artistic Exchanges between China and the West. Edited by Petra Chu and Ding Ning. Los Angeles, 2015. 190-212.